Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Resistance

*Resistance is fiercest when you're on the border of a breakthrough.*

I am being stretched and challenged in ways I have never been before. I feel like my spirit of discernment is weak. Our pastor said the other week that resistance was the fiercest when you are on the border of a breakthrough. I believe it. God is working big time in my life-every aspect of it. And the devil is working the night shift. I sometimes have a hard time maintaining my perspective of that. Generally, I regain perspective. However, it's not before I have allowed people and situations to get me all worked up and achieve what they were shooting for.

My prayer tonight is that I would regain perspective on people and situations quicker. I pray that the devil gets out of trying to mess with my marriage. Between Olin and I-and most of all God-we WILL NOT let him win. I am thankful for all of these situations. I know that I will come out on the other side stronger in my walk with God and that alone will make it all worth it. But to be honest-I am getting weary. If the construction of this post is no example, let me assure you that I am weary. I have asked God to pull me in ways He never has before. I can personally attest to the fact that I am pulled as tight as a rubber band right now.

There is something great on the other side of this. I know that I will know my God like I have never known Him when this is all over. And I know there will be more situations like this in my life that challenge me and my relationship with Him. I do not know when this particular season in my life will be over. I do not know what else God has in store for me to teach me lessons. I do not know when the devil will back off and give me a break. I do not know when I will feel at peace with everything going on around me.

The one thing I do know? The thing that keeps me going? I DO KNOW IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT. That I know without a doubt.

I am sorry that this post is not in a tidy little box with a pretty ribbon tied around it. There are things I talked about here that I will never understand on this side of Heaven. Some parts of this post do not follow any other parts. But, take it or leave it, I can guarantee you that it is real. It is authentic. It is my heart.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers as we enter what is proving to be both the hardest, and most rewarding, season so far.

2 comments:

  1. You know that we are praying for you all. I am like you, this is a HARD place to be right now, but what an encouragement it is to know that HE is in control and HE is not pacing the floors of heaven! :) Can't wait to see what is on the other side of this for you... LOVE YOU SO MUCH, SISTA!
    "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrew 12:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you CC! It seems like we're all dealing with the "stuff" of life right now. I'm very thankful to be dealing with that stuff with you! Remember that God has a plan. I often find myself saying "ok God here's your options..." but one of my biggest lessons right now is learning to wait for His plan instead of trying to dictate to Him how it will go. Our plans never work out in the end - only God's plan will leave us with peace and joy.

    I'm praying for y'all in all your many changes. God brought you, Olin and Seth together for a reason. You guys are PEFECT for each other! I'm so glad we finally let God write our love stories! (We should've listened to Sheyna on this one, but we just had to figure it out for ourselves!) I can't even imagine where we'd be and who we'd be with if we hadn't!

    I love you sista!

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!