Monday, October 11, 2010

Better late than never!

Ok....so I am a day late in posting this but better late than never, right? Yesterday was my mom's 52nd birthday!!! She celebrated with friends and family Saturday night and spent yesterday resting, I believe. They had the fire pits going, hamburgers on the grill, and no party in Abby Park is complete without the kareoke machine. (I am not sure of the spelling of kareoke...tells you how much I participate! HA!) Mom often jokes with me that I do what she should be doing and she does what I should be doing at our respective ages. She enjoys going out and dancing, etc. I enjoy being in my house with the doors locked by dark and Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra. Don't get me wrong, we have some common ground but for the most part, at least socially, our roles are quite reversed! She is the "fun" grandma, who lets the kids get away with stuff I never would. Hers is the house that everyone goes to to hang out and have a good time. And when things are going really wrong and they need somewhere to rest and recover. She fills all of those shoes for a lot of people. When I met my husband, I knew that he and I would go well together when he loved my mama. Lord knows, I was worried about them loving each other! I had no need to worry, though. They hit it off immediately. He likes to have her over and feed her dinner and she likes to pick on me with him. They feel safer in pairs of two or more when giving me a hard time! He would do anything for her that she needed and heaven knows she has helped us out more times than we can count! Seth loves to spend time with Green Gene and pick on her about being old. The other night, he was telling her a story about a little old lady that he loved...and he said it was his favorite old person! He then, very seriously, turned to her, patted her on the shoulder, and said: "Now, I don't want to hurt your feelings. I like you too!" LOL I sure am glad that after 52 years she still has a sense of humor!!!
Mom-I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I pray that your 52nd year of life is the greatest one yet. Please know that we love you and appreciate all you do for us and love spending time with you!! Here's to 52 more wonderful years!
Love,
Olin, Courtney, and Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!