Sunday, January 16, 2011

Checking In

My computer is not being my friend this week. It will pull up everything else...except my blog. What in the world??? My husband and I can't figure out what is going on to be able to fix it. All that to say that until we figure it out I probably won't post a lot. Not that I did before, but I was trying to get better about all of that.

As of last week, my husband and I were both layed off from our job. We worked together, which is why it all happened at the same time. We are trusting and praising God and trying to maintain that perspective through all of this. I truly believe that God is teaching us to have security in Him and not in a paycheck. Please keep my family in your prayers as we try to figure out what is going to happen with all of this and as we begin to hunt jobs. While there aren't a lot of jobs out there, we believe that God has already made a provision for us to have one.

To end on an "up" note, there is a modeling agency in Charlotte that is interested in meeting with Seth. We are going to meet with them Tuesday afternoon. Seth loves to pose for pictures...really loves it...and we have decided to fully investigate whichever agency we decide to go with. Any amount of money he earns, after his 10% to church, will go into a college fund for the future. We are praying for discernment when choosing an agency to work with. We in no way want to compromise Seth's school time through all of this and we have decided that as soon as he doesn't want to do it anymore we will stop. At the least, it will be an adventure and we are excited about that!

I will try to update as much as possible and hoping we get the computer issue figured out soon. It had a virus the other day and we had to wipe it. It would pull up my blog until we had to do that. There is no telling what is going on~ I hope everyone is having an amazing 2011 so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!