Monday, April 12, 2010

Proving Grounds

*I have had a post brewing for a couple weeks-and I promise you this blog will take a turn for the happier....Just please indulge me, one more time. Will you? I am worried about being able to get this onto a page where it makes sense. Here's hoping!

There are a lot of changes brewing in the lives of several people that are the closest to me right now. HUGE changes. Not just choosing which color to put on your kitchen wall. Life changes. In the midst of these changes, we are having to all face some really hard things. God is counting on us to listen to Him and build our trust and faith in Him. To say that these changes are increasing our prayer life is the understatement of the century.

Here is a little admission about myself. I don't do tough situations well. I am a "tuck tail and run" kind of girl. Now-I HATE this about myself. So, I am not doing it anymore. End of discussion. I made this decision a couple years ago. The thing I realized though is that I have never been around my friends when things like this start to happen and life gets hard. Really hard. Sure-I have been around for the small things-but never anything of this caliber. I mean, both of the friends closest to me are looking at 180 life changes...and so are we!!! I don't know how to do it. I don't know how to do friendship when friendship is truly at its hardest. I know how to do it in theory. Hard times aren't theoretical. I know how to do happy times of rainbows and skittles, too. That's not reality. Fact is-I am learning how to do friendship at it's hardest on a daily basis. Trial by fire, so to speak. I love it. When something happens that's a setback or hard, I'm glad I am there to hear about it. When God works something out on one end and things look better, I am celebrating with them. Why in the world did I ever choose to miss this in my past life? My mother has always taken the easy option, and never would do anything that required work. I want to hunker down and dig in side by side with my friends. I want to see the ugly, the dirty, the pretty, and the victories! I want to get my hands dirty in friendship. I just have to continue learning how to do it. This is a time in my life that I am on the proving grounds for friendship. I have to prove that I can go the distance. I have to prove that I am not going to have mechanical failures that take me into pit row until the hard part is over. And when we all cross that finish line and God's plan for these changes is revealed? Well-I'm just saying that it is going to be one heck of a party with my people.
And there are no different people that I would want to see standing at that finish line.

*PS-You know I married a Nascar husband when I can write a serious post and refer to pit row. What the heck??? When did this happen to me? ;O)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! Great post, girl. I am right there with you, I cannot wait to see the end results of what God is doing in our lives and the lives of those we love. There's no one else I'd rather be in the trenches with. We are in it to win it! :) Btw, love the Nascar references. Look how far we've come!
    Remember, Psalm 1:1-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...this comment will prove that I watch way too much tv...but the end of your comment made me start singing..."Look how far we've come, after all!" I love Tori and Dean, but should I watch them enough to sing their song??? Probably won't stop me. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!