Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekly....er, Monthly Wrap-up!

I realize I have not, nor have I ever, been a regular blogger. I am going to try to remedy this situation, but I make no promises! We will do a monthly wrap-up/prayer list. 'Cause it's what I do. It's how I roll. Ahem.....

1. I recently posted what I was looking for in a pastor/church. Well-I do so believe I have found it. In Elevation church. In Charlotte. And it is rocking my world. If you are friends with me on facebook, you have probably seen the numerous quotes from sermons on there. The hubs and I are getting ready to start the "New Thur 30" series. We bought the cd's today. We will be reading the New Testament in 30 days. I am preparing to strap myself in and get deep in God's word. For the first time in my life, I am absolutely thirsty for it. Be on watch for more quotes from that one!

2. There are SOOOOOOOOOOO many changes going on in our life and the lives of my closest friends. It is so hard to wrap my head around all of them. Thankfully, I don't have to. I just have to keep walking forward oblivious to what else is around me. As Pastor Steven said today: "Resistance is fiercest when you are on the border of a breakthrough". Ahhhhhhhh.....I need to write that on post-its and paste them around my house.

3. Please, please, please pray for me that I would learn to embrace the people that God has placed in my life FOR. A. REASON. I know that with some of them, it will be a spiritual battle...one that I have the armor for....but the battle will be long and hard. He always finds a way to keep my tank full enough to push through whatever I'm in or facing, but I have a feeling that the things and people I am facing as of recently will be my greatest battle yet. But-He will refine me in the flames. Can I get an amen?

4. We have discovered in the last few weeks that Seth has quite a sharp sense of humor. Now, he has always been a funny kid...but funny in the "quirky" kid sense of the way. But in the last few weeks? He has been coming out with humor akin to that on "The Office". All I can say is.....It makes my heart swell with pride. And that he must have gotten that trait from me. Ha!

5. Praise alert! Praise alert! There is a couple that we are associated with that have been having horrible marital issues for a couple of years now. They are now pursuing interests with the church and seem to be diving in to try and repair their marriage. All I know is that you can tell they have been surrounded in prayer! Praise the Lord!

6. We have some friends that are having a horrible time with their job right now as well. Please add them to your prayer list....You can just pray for T and M....God will know who you are talking about....that they would learn to trust that He will provide. He is enough..... They are in the midst of it, and I know they will see it on the other side. We all know how hard it is to see it in the middle of it, though.

7. Um....that one little Sophie? Sheyna's baby? Well, just let me say..that she is getting to the age that I can relate to. And people? You couldn't handle the preciousness.....You just couldn't handle it. And her big brother Levi is quite the little protector. He told me just today that I couldn't take her home with me. He will definitey change that tune in a few years!

8. We had a trip to Gvegas this week! We met up with some friends-Ashley and Chase (www.supertoddsquad.blogspot.com) (Are you kidding me? Did you really think I would ever accomplish being able to put a link up on here? Oh, ye of little knowledge) (How many parentheses can I use in one post, you ask?) (As many as I want, of course.) I think we had a pretty successful trip down, and hope they did too. We will soon all see!

9. I was going to end the post here, but realized it was an odd number and if I did that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. SO I will tell you that the hubs and I are having a relaxing night at home now, decompressing from the last few days, watching Armageddon. CAN YOU SPELL DEPRESSING??? We just saw the part where he says goodbye to his daughter. I think I will ask my hot husband to bring me an ice cream cone....because I can eat my emotions away (and this is why I roll) and think of happier things!

10. Ok. I promise to end this rambling post now. My hot husband is looking at me strange b/c I am crying and laughing at the same time. Why do I laugh, you ask? Well that's the "Hot debacle of 2010". You wouldn't get it. Only the other person like me on the face of the earth will. And that's ok. B/c she is my person. And she should get it.

Goodbye and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!