Saturday, December 25, 2010

You've Got The Look

I was talking to a friend of mine last night, and she explained that before their 5 year old went in to see Santa's gifts this morning, he had to come wake them up. She said that one of them had to get down the hall to the living room before him so they could catch a picture of his face when he first saw his Christmas loot. It was then that I realized that we spend years looking for the reactions on peoples faces.

Our children on Christmas morning. A groom when his bride first begins her walk down the aisle. The look in the eyes of a spouse after many years of knowing. The look on someones face when you offer them a gift. The reaction of the person you are celebrating at a surprise party. All of their emotions are wrapped up in their face. This is how you know how happy, honored, grateful, surprised, appreciative they are.

My Christmas wish this year is that I would pay more attention to the looks on my peoples faces. That I wouldn't miss small blessings. That I won't take for granted the looks of Seth. God has given me him as a gift and I don't want to miss any of it. My greatest wish, however, is that I would seek HIS face more. I want to know that HE is happy, honored, grateful, and surprised at what I do. He is the one I want to get the picture of with His first reaction. My life needs to be gauged by Him-not anyone or anything else.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas and never forget to seek the look on His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to talk it all out with me! Remember-this is a "family friendly" blog...so any comments that contain any vulgarity will be deleted. So......be nice, and be authentic!